C++ Development leader and experienced programmer
Please see the requirements for application at the end of this document:
Scansoft Technologies (PTY) Ltd. is a Cape Town based software development company. We have a small team of developers who work primarily on the development of the Intelligent Building Management System (iBMS). iBMS is a fully distributed system for monitoring and controlling various aspects of building management, including fire detection, access control, CCTV, security, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), BMS, SCADA, electrical, lighting, etc. The development of iBMS started in 1999 and is continually expanding, to incorporate new features and hardware. We have also recently introduced a mobile version of iBMS.
We are currently looking for a senior level C++ development leader and experienced programmer to work on the continued development of iBMS. To be considered, candidates should preferably meet the following criteria, in order of significance:
The following qualifications are preferable:
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar/equivalent tertiary qualification.
You should preferably have in order of significance:
- At least 5 years of solid C++ experience.
- Occupied a position of development team leadership.
- Experience with writing feature and development specifications.
- Experience with developing performance tests.
- Experience with performing code reviews.
- Experience with developing using S.O.L.I.D principles, Scrum and Agile development.
- Some Technical experience integrating software with building management hardware such as: CCTV, PLCs, Access Control, Fire Detection, Electrical Meters, UPSs, or Air-conditioning).
- Experience with using wxWidgets, Boost and live555 will also be beneficial.
- A passion for C++ development and being a key player in this growing company.
- An eye for detail to produce top quality software products.
- Management skills to manage and motivate staff as a team player to meet objectives.
- Must hold a current valid driver's license and have own transport.
- Must not have a criminal record.
- Innovative and creative working environment.
- Exposure to new technologies.
- Opportunity to become part of the Directorship of Scansoft Technologies.
Requirements for application:
In order to be considered as a suitable candidate for interview, you must please provide the following:
- Copy of CV.
- Copy of last pay slip.
- Copies of all qualifications or certificates.
- Copy of driver's license.
- Copy of passport.
- 3 contactable references.
- Current place of residence.
- Phone number and email address where you may be contacted.
- Period of notice required to be given to the current employer.